Room Darkening Blackout Shades, Blackout Curtains, and Dual Shades
Room darkening blackout shades and blackout curtains save energy, reduce noise, increase privacy and control light. K to Z Window Coverings offers the the best quality blackout shades, dual shades, and privacy screens from Graber Window Treatments, TimberBlind MetroShade, and Insolroll Solar Screens.
Blackout Window Shades Save Energy
The typical American family spends nearly $2,000 per year on home energy bills, so homeowners are motivated to save money where they can! Blackout shades and curtains can help reduce energy costs. Blackout curtains are designed to limit thermal energy loss from windows by trapping in heat during the winter, while keeping light and heat out during the hotter months.
Noise Reduction and Increased Privacy
While normal curtains, as well as other window coverings, can reduce some low-level noises, blackout shades used fabrics designed to provide considerable noise reduction. Some brands offer mid-level reduction, while others offer to reduce noise by over 90%!
Blackout shades come in varying levels of opaqueness. So if you are looking for a window covering for privacy, these heavy-duty curtains and shades may be a great option for increasing privacy.
Controlling Light With Room Darkening Curtains and Shades
Whether you want to completely block all light, or simple have a substantial reduction in how much light comes into a room, blackout curtains and shades are likely the best solution.
Anyone who works nights and sleeps during the day understands how sometimes the body has to be “tricked” into thinking it’s dark outside. Short of wearing an uncomfortable eye mask and irritating earplugs, blackout curtains are the best options for many people to create a dark, quiet sleeping environment.
Residential Blackout Shades are ideal for:
- Home Theaters
- Home Office
- Babies’ Rooms and Nurseries
- Any area requiring total privacy
On the commercial and business side, blackout shades are ideal for a variety of room darkening, glare control and audio visual shades.
Commercial Blackout Curtains are ideal for:
- Conference Rooms
- School classrooms
- TV and home theatre viewing
- Bedrooms and bathrooms
Available Features and Options
First of all, you have to determine if room darkening blackout curtains or shades are best for your space. That decision is based on several factors, so we suggest you contact K to Z Window Coverings for a free in-home consultation to help you decide the best option.
- Blackout Curtains and Blackout Shades come in a variety of opaqueness levels. This means that you can choose a fabric that allows a certain percentage of light to pass through, or almost completely block external light.
- There are several decorative fabric styles and colors available for these specialty curtains and shades. The availability of fabrics depends on factors like how dark you want the room to be, if the window receives direct sunlight, and what types of decor you are trying to complement.
- Blackout roller shades have a few different “clutch” options for raising and lowering the shades. Nearly all options exceed designated child safety standards for corded window treatments.
- You will also find many motorization options for both blackout curtain systems and blackout solar shade systems. Motorized operations depend on the brand chosen, but all have a solution to fit any room or configuration.
Learn more about motorization and automation of blackout shades.
Dual Shades – Solar Shade and Blackout Shade in One Product
The Insolroll Dual Shade system is available with a double fascia system or mounted into a custom ceiling pocket to completely conceal the roller systems. Side tracks to reduce light leakage is another available option. A wide range of blackout fabrics are available to coordinate with any decor.
Many rooms need to serve dual purposes- Insolroll® Dual Shades are designed to provide total lighting control for
- Conference Rooms
- Hotel Rooms
- Meeting Rooms
- Schools and auditoriums
- Home Theaters
- any room that requires the elimination of light through windows.
Motorized Dual Shades
Especially in a commercial setting, motorization provides the most convenient and trouble-free operation of dual roller shades. Motorized Dual Shades can be installed in a site-built pocket with a flap and hanger, and virtually disappear into the ceiling. Motorization also prevents fabric over-handling in a commercial setting, preserving the appearance of the fabric for years to come.