The term “HOME AUTOMATION” used to be reserved for two very specific types of homeowners: You were either filthy rich or loved to tinker. However, home automation has come a long way, baby. Today, there are solutions available almost everywhere, making it easy to turn just about any home into a “smart” home.
Do you really need it, though? Absolutely!
You probably wouldn’t dream of living without a TV, a smartphone, and/or a computer. Today’s electronics have made our lives easier—and a lot more fun. However, adding smart home technology can add both value and convenience to any home. Let’s take a look at five reasons you need a smart home:
- Efficiency. With one button or smartphone app, you can control multiple devices or systems. That means you can easily set back the thermostats and turn off the lights simultaneously. You’ll also get out of the house faster and save electricity.
- Convenience. Having a smart home allows you to manage several electronic devices and/or systems from across the house or across the world. Draw the shades, turn on lights, and check in on security; having that sort of convenience alone is enough to inspire many people to automate.
- Comfort. Having a smart home allows you to maximize comfort, from temperature to lighting to entertainment. Everything is at your fingertips!
- Peace of Mind. A smart home system can prevent potentially bad things from happening. Of course, you can use a smart home system to monitor cameras, doors, and windows, but also items such as water leak sensors. You can even check in from a smartphone to make sure the garage door is closed and the TV is off.
- Customization. A smart home system allows you to have electronic things the way you want them—when you want them. For instance, you can have shades drawn and thermostats up at a set time of day, without ever touching a button. Your system can be adapted to fit your lifestyle, not the other way around. A custom electronics (CE) professional is able to tailor a system exactly to your needs.
When it comes to creating a smart home, the possibilities are endless. This can make selecting, designing, and installing electronics a lot more difficult than picking out a color scheme or the most comfortable couch. To simplify things and save yourself from making a series of mistakes, it’s important to know how and where to find the best high-tech solutions for your home and lifestyle
Visit www.electronichouse.com for more articles and resources!